Apple’s FaceTime app allows you to make free video and audio calls to any of your friends and family members who have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. FaceTime App and iSight use the built-in camera and microphone on your Mac to allow you to talk face-to-face. You can also use a connected camera and microphone instead.
You can also use FaceTime Audio to make an audio call if you’re not interested in a video call. An audio call will be much clearer than a standard phone call. Recent versions of macOS include FaceTime pre-installed, so if your software is current, you should have the program. If not, you can download it from the Mac App Store.
How To Download The FaceTime App For Mac?
- You must be running macOS X 10.6 or higher to use the Mac App Store.
- The Mac App Store is available in either the dock or the built-in App Store application (look for it in the Apple menu at the top left corner of your screen).
- Visit the Apple Store and click the Get button to download the FaceTime software and install it on your Mac.
- FaceTime is available in the Mac App Store for older versions of macOS, so it is only applicable to older Macs.
- You can delete the pre-installed FaceTime software on newer Macs. Your operating system will need to be restored or upgraded if you do that.
Ensure that your Apple ID is enabled in the Preferences window. You can also choose the email and phone numbers at which you want to be reached, the number from which to initiate calls, and a custom ringtone here.
Using the FaceTime app, you can place calls to people you’ve recently chatted with or missed a call from by clicking on the video or phone icon next to their name. You can place a video or audio call by right-clicking a contact’s name and choosing “FaceTime” or “FaceTime Audio” from the drop-down menu.